Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Sapphire Knight

I just finished "The Sapphire Knight." The book is being donated to every student in our school during February. I was allowed to borrow one beforehand, so I thought I would read it. I read it this evening. It is a very short book. I thought it was fairly good. It was not too deep, so I think that most of the kids will get it. The "smart" kids will probably read it and move on from it quickly, as it does not go in to as much detail as some of the other books they regularly read by Riordan or Patterson. Michael Sullivan's Website
This book is about a Bard that learns his craft from a former knight. The knight tells a legend, which was his life. The music of the village and the knights land was stolen by the Green Queen, or the Queen of May. But, the twists and turns tell a different story. The knight must go off on his own journey, outside of his land, to rescue the music of the land. Throughout the story, the absence of all of the pleasant sounds are gone. The birds do not sing, the wind does not whistle through the trees, and the streams do not bubble with beautiful sound.
I hope that my students enjoy reading the book and enjoy the contests that they get to participate in during February.

No comments:

Post a Comment