Saturday, January 7, 2012

Starting out!














Well, here I am posting on what is now my third blog attempt in about a year. But, this year I have a goal. Thanks so much to my sister, Cindy, I am going to follow in her footsteps. The 50/50 challenge. Read 50 books and watch 50 movies in one year. I was hesitant...for about a minute or two. I think I jumped on board because I already had some books and movies on my list for the year and I was excited to have something to write about.

I have a stack of books ready to start me off. I'm pretty sure that I will go through ups-and-downs with this (when I read a lot and when I don't have time to sleep, much less read). Right now I'm on the reading level of my Middle School students, so these first reads will be more quick...unless you count Riordan...and those are not as quick.
I am also hoping to get to some books that I keep putting off. I seem to put them down because I don't think I'll have time to read them.

Now, movies, I LOVE movies. But, since I have been married, I have not watched quite as many movies as I once did. In general, we watch about 2-3 movies a month, at home. Then, I will watch some movies on my own...via the laptop and my favorite little goodie...Netflix! Now, I will just have to remember to take time to do it. (Since I can keep up with football games and watch a movie without much trouble!)

Now to see how this all goes!

Happy Reading, Watching, and Living!!!
-Kim

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for joining us, and now that football season is almost over, more movies!

    ReplyDelete